https://caresbd.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Coronavirus-4.jpg 637 1671 Mohammad Ashraf Hossain https://caresbd.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Cares-300x85.png Mohammad Ashraf Hossain2020-04-08 13:19:272020-04-08 13:27:34What to do if you develop Coronavirus (Covid-19) Symptoms
What to do if you develop Coronavirus (Covid-19) Symptoms
If you or your neighbour/relative has cough, fever, throat pain or running nose, please do the following things frequently & regularly. Even if you don’t have those symptoms, you can follow these for prevention:
- Worm water with salt gargle several times a day
- Hot steam/vapour inhalation through nose & mouth at least 2-3 times daily
- Drink hot water with lemon several times daily
- Take ginger tea more (green tea better)
- Take more orange & malta daily
- Take some black seeds (kali jira) 2-3 times daily
- Take rice or bread as less as possible, avoid meat, take well-cooked fish, egg & chicken (occasional), drink milk (skimmed or fat-free)
- Take any type of fruits more (after washing thoroughly). Preferable fruits: orange, banana (diabetics should take less), pomegranate (anar), apple, kiwi etc,
- Eat all sorts of well-cooked or boiled vegetables. Preferable vegetables: tomatoes, carrots, capsicum, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, spinach, beans, lentils, legumes etc.
- For fever & pain, take Paracetamol tablet only (after food). For running nose or nose-block, take antihistamine only (ceitrizine/loratidine). For dry cough, take natural cough syrup or antitussive syrup only. For productive cough with sputum, take spectorant/mucolytic syrup only. (for appropriate drug & dose, better to consult with a registered doctor), and finally
- If you develop any sort of breathing difficulty/respiratory distress with the above symptoms, please immediately call the local control centre of health or call an ambulance to take you to any of the designated/assigned hospitals. Please don’t delay in case of breathing difficulty with fever & cough.
Thank you all….Stay home, stay safe & stay healthy……May Almighty protect all of us.
Writer: Dr Mohammad Dewan, Ministry of Health, Saudi Arabia (Madinah Munawara)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!